|In the News|
- Legal 500 US ranks Mayer Brown in 22 categories, lists 4 practices in top tier and cites 16 “Leading Lawyers”
- Supreme Court rejects 5th Circuit plea in kidnap case
- Mayer Brown Partners and Practices
Ranked in Benchmark Litigation 2010
- Chambers USA ranks 124 Mayer Brown lawyers; practices ranked in 55 national and state categories
- Legal 500 US ranks Mayer Brown practices in 24 categories, lists 5 practices in top tier and cites 16 "Leading Lawyers"
- Four Mayer Brown attorneys named “Client Service All-Stars” by BTI
- Legal 500 US ranks Mayer Brown practices in 27 categories, lists 6 practices in top tier and cites 13 "Leading Lawyers"
- Chambers USA ranks 121 Mayer Brown lawyers; practices ranked in 63 national and state categories
- Supreme Court & Appellate Practice Named to the National Law Journal's "Appellate Hot List"
- Mayer Brown's Stoneridge win a major victory for investors and US economy
- Mayer Brown partner Stephen Shapiro argued his 27th case before the U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday in Stoneridge Investment Partners LLC v. Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. and Motorola, Inc.
- Mayer, Brown, Rowe and Maw Scores Major Supreme Court Victory in Landmark Antitrust Case
- Stephen Shapiro Argues 25th Case in Supreme Court
- Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw Scores Major Supreme Court Win for U.S. Business
- Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP Appellate Group Scores Two Major Supreme Court Wins for U.S. Business in Single Day
- Stephen Shapiro comments on major antitrust case that he will argue in the Supreme Court
- Steve Shapiro comments on the Supreme Court's dwindling docket
- An Interview With Steve Shapiro: The Art of Appellate Advocacy (.pdf)
- Seventh Circuit Allows Removal of Pre-CAFA Class Action
- Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP Announces Academic Affiliation with Constitutional Law Scholar Eugene Volokh
- Supreme Court in 7-2 Vote Rejects Tax Court Secrecy
- Stephen Shapiro Argues Important Tax Case Before U.S. Supreme Court
- University Agrees to Accommodate Student's Conscientious Objections to Curriculum
- Supreme Court Limits Overseas Scope of U.S. Antitrust Law
- Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw Partner Stephen Shapiro Discusses Oral Argument "High Wire Act" (.pdf)
- Unanimous Supreme Court rules in favor of ChevronTexaco in case argued by Stephen Shapiro (.pdf)
- U.S. Supreme Court accepts disability law case to be argued by Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP's Stephen Shapiro
Steve Shapiro served for five years in the Solicitor General's Office, first as an Assistant to the Solicitor General and then as Deputy Solicitor General. In this capacity his jurisdiction included most of the government's business cases, including banking, antitrust, securities, and regulated industries appeals. Steve has briefed hundreds of cases and argued 29 cases before the Supreme Court of the United States, and has argued many appeals in other state and federal courts across the country. He is co-author of Supreme Court Practice (9th ed. 2007), as well as numerous law review articles on the Supreme Court and a variety of substantive law issues.
Steve is a graduate of Yale College and Yale Law School, where he served on the Board of Editors of the Yale Law Journal. Following graduation from law school, he clerked for Judge Charles Merrill of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He is a life member of the American Law Institute and the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers. Steve is a director of the Institute of Judicial Administration and served previously as a trustee of the Product Liability Advisory Foundation.